Over several weeks ago, the germ of an idea began to take shape and like anything else, it was keeping me excited. I’m still researching about the existing characters and hope the guesses I’ll later make in the script won’t be too glaring enough to hinder the story. I hope it’ll make a good plausible story to add in #AgentCarter‘s world which I could submit to ScriptapaloozaTV.
Yes, yes, tall order but I want to try again. 🙂
I would like to try my hand in writing an Agent Carter TV script. The show is also being petitioned for Season 3 on Netflix.) The idea prompt came from the live tweeting campaigns #SaveAgentCarter rewatch Season 1 of episodes: #ASinToErr, #IronCeiling, #Blitzkriegbutton, #TimeAndTime, #BridgeAndTunnel and #NowisNotTheEnd.
This also would mean temporarily leaving my two spec projects in a holding pattern which can be a no, no thing to do in the screenwriter’s world.
I’m calling for discipline and hopefully, I’ll be able to complete the roughest draft before July ends then let it cool off on the shelf as I get back to my other pending projects.
The image above was also a great reminder to strive writing as visually as I can.
I bought the software during Writers’ Store Christmas deals and it was only a few weeks ago, I’ve started working around the program. It was easy in some areas and not so much in others.
I’m still looking for good tutorial vids focusing on screenwriting using this program but there have been very few online. If you found a good vid, let me know on the comments. Anyway, I managed to get the index cards up.
I’m still trying to get a hang of using the program because I’ve been used to using Word Doc for my draft scripts since screenwriting programs out there are way out of my budget.
I find using Scrivener easier in writing sections of the scenes because the program has already a built-in screenwriting format. Although, it didn’t hurt knowing how to format first on Word Doc too.
I heard through Scrivener vids, (mostly from novelists), they like the notion of writing in chunks. I thought it was a helpful feature because I can move around these index cards if needed for edit or add scenes without deleting everything or in the case of using World Doc, create a separate folder as “Deleted Scenes.” Unfortunately, using that method was tiring because I wasted time scrolling through the scenes to find what I’m looking for, if I wanted to paste it back to the main draft.