After reading award-winning author Nicole Evelina post on her five favorite movies inspired by books challenge, I decided to note my favorites too.
- All “LOTR” and “The Hobbit” movies – I thought it was quite ambitious & very masterfully done in condensing Tolkien’s legendarium for a non-fantasy reader. I soon later began reading the books and appreciated them.
- “The Finest Hours” – I haven’t the read book but the movie was very thrilling. A great show of a person’s indomitable spirit. The book is in my TBR list.
- “Testament of Youth” – Quite moving film from Vera Brittain’s book of the same title. I haven’t read it tho Idk if it’s still available on ebook format. I’ve read some reviews and some readers find it difficult to understand due to the ‘old’ English (not King James English) style of writing.
- “The Spook’s Apprentice” books (the first book) or “The Seventh Son’ in the movie. It was a promising endeavor but it left me with a mix bag of emotions. I thought making Ward older was a good choice but the rest of the changes left me wondering why it went in the direction we see in the film. I’m currently reading the series and I’m liking the way the world and the characters were written.
- “Me Before You” – haven’t read the book yet but the movie was nicely done. By end of the movie, Will’s decision made me shudder.
Those are my top five movies inspired by books off the top of my head, what are yours?
If the novel writers have their NaNoWriMo month, Max Timm, founder of the “The Craft Course in Screenwriting”, launched this free course for neophytes of all levels, which started last April 20 to extend until June 20. Whew!
I liked the course. It has a mix of podcast files and transcripts if you feel listening will make you miss all the information.
The text lessons were a good add too just when my CPU broke down. It would have been tiresome listening through my device (no external speakers bought yet) without resorting to wearing earphones because I’d like to keep my ears tinnitus free.
There were assignments at every of lesson as well. Unfortunately, I’ve lagged behind ( big time) I’m still Day 4!
A lot of things to consider in constructing characters and hitting those story beats that has been keeping me preoccupied enough so I’m stumbling along my momentum, not to mention an ““Agent Carter S3 Fanfic Contest” opening act scene, which I’ve yet to add more meat it its bare bones. lolz
Too bad, I wasn’t able to get back to starting up my Marvel Unlimited monthly subscription since it would have been so useful for research. What I’ve written to my Agent Carter opening scene came from the back issues I’ve read. No thanks to this present prexcy of the country remarks causing our currency to weaken against the dollar. So strange though in the previous administrations, if our currency moved just one peg up in the currency exchange against the US dollar, everyone’s up and throwing tantrums and tirade…now, it felt like everyone’s shoved back in wait-&-see silence. Oooookay, going off the rails.
Back to screenwriting. Right now, write lessons and digest along the way before the course ends completely. 🙂