- All “LOTR” and “The Hobbit” movies – I thought it was quite ambitious & very masterfully done in condensing Tolkien’s legendarium for a non-fantasy reader. I soon later began reading the books and appreciated them.
- “The Finest Hours” – I haven’t the read book but the movie was very thrilling. A great show of a person’s indomitable spirit. The book is in my TBR list.
- “Testament of Youth” – Quite moving film from Vera Brittain’s book of the same title. I haven’t read it tho Idk if it’s still available on ebook format. I’ve a some reviews and some readers find it difficult to understand due to the ‘old’ English (not King James English) style of writing.
- “The Spook’s Apprentice” books (the first book) or “The Seventh Son’ in the movie. It was a promising endeavor but it left me with a mix bag of emotions. I thought making Ward older was a good choice but the rest of the changes left me wondering why it went in the direction we see in the film. I’m currently reading the series and I’m liking the way the world and the characters were written.
- “Me Before You” – haven’t read the book yet but the movie was nicely done. By end of the movie, Will’s decision made me shudder.
Those are my top five movies inspired by books off the top of my head, what are yours?